Junction box ideas

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, May 9, 2014.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

It looks like I'll be replacing a controller (see transformer blew thread) and the original one was installed for someone 4' tall I'm guessing. I'll need to use some sort of junction box to splice 3 multi-strand cables to the controller. I'll also need to hook up a connector for the RM remote. Your suggestions?

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Can you pull wires to the outside and install a jumper from there to clock?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I could but it would make just as much sense to put the box in the garage somewhere under the new controller. Wouldn't be that unsightly where it would be.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Why can't the replacement controller be in the same location?

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

These come in many sizes [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

It could but doesn't make sense to me to have to go to a knee to set/change the controller. Don't know why DA's do this stuff. This is at a million dollar home and you can't use one more foot of wire to put it at a proper height.

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Yes this is my 1st thought but there's always someone on here with a new innovative idea.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Having just begun to add some outdoor controllers to rental properties, the locations are coming in at garden gnome heights, such as on the foundation walls, below the frame construction with the vinyl siding.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Surface mount or recessed? Interior or exterior? Terminal block, distribution board or something else? Lot of options .... how much money do you have?