1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Jungle jack and blowout baffles?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Soupy, May 15, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Will the Jungle jack work on mowers with blowout baffles installed? I'm thinking about ordering one for using out in the field but I have a blowout baffle installed on the Hustler Z.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is a great question, and something I have never really put alot of thought into (imagine that :rolleyes:). How thick is the stell for the baffle, or is it like a nylon type material? If so, does it bend (flexible), or is it rather brittle? Can it bend in just a bit as opposed to bend out and be pinched between the jack hook and the edge of the deck? Are you able to just grab the corner of the deck with the hook, and have the jack to the side, - sort of diagonally? This is how I lift the Lazer, anyway. This way the jack is well out of the way.

3. Soupy

The Blowout baffle is pretty strong. I use a floor jack with no problems. My concern is the Jungle Jack having room to hook under the deck. Here is a picture (bad picture, but only one I have for now) of part of the blowout baffle. I had my mulch kit on at the time of this picture so it looks cluttered.

blow out baffle.JPG

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

can't the jungle jack hook under the left side of the deck towards the front?

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The jungle jack does pick up on the corners. If you had it in the middle it would get in the way.
    John

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Geez oh Pete, John,..where have YOU been?

7. Soupy

I guess I will keep doing what I have been... Floor jack in the shop, and trailer gate out in the filed.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Jungle jack makes a long hook for toros mowers. Which have a wide front edge on the deck. So I bet that would work on your hustler.

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I am not familiar with the hustler, but, if you have any type of gap on the front part of the deck like a center point of the deck you should be able to grab on that.I just did a quick search on the web and from the pictures I was looking at it seems like you could hook right in the middle of the deck in the front. I am probably wrong, might have been looking at the wrong hustler mower.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hay Joe!
    Ive been back since the end of winter. In December of 04 my heart told me to exercise and eat correctly :rolleyes: .

John