1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jungle Jack...you guys were right....AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Apr 24, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

well by now you'd think I'd just listen to what you guys tell me...but nooooo I have to screw around with car ramps, hanging 900 lbs off the side of an enclosed trailer (not an ez thing)...so I said I'll spend MORE money and go buy a Jungle Jack...ordered it Monday, it was here Tuesday morning...8$ shipping...when I saw the box and the small contraption I said....oh yeah sure this flimsy thing will lift up a bulky 900lb hulk...well on the first try my mouth flopped open...I had the mower up in the air in about 2 seconds and changing blades!...one of you said in an earlier post that the JJ "is just too easy"...well that sums it up for me. $175 well spent....I have to put mulch baffles on but I'm still not real crazy about my body parts under that mower when I'm tugging and pulling on nuts and such...I will NOT put my head under it under any circumstances....do any of you put like a cinder block or something somewhere under it in case it comes off the JJ?

thanks again for steering me to this awesome time saver.
  2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Go down to your local auto parts dealer and buy some jack stands.
  3. Andrews Lawn

Andrews Lawn LawnSite Member

I actually made a Jungle jack out of some scrap steel I had laying around. My home made one works great to lift my Wright Stander, I also usually put a jack stand under it for safety to change blades

It was not hard to make if you just take some time to do some fabricating and welding. the great thing about mine is it cost $0.

Yours was definately money well spent, it is a great time saver.
  4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a cinder block I use for my trailer, so I just slide it under the mower when I have my jungle jack in place. I figure that with the safety feature JJ already has + the block, I've got to be safe.

When I first used the JJ, I pushed and shook the mower (from the top) just to see how it would move ---that baby ain't goin nowhere!
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

whats the web-site addy? thanks