Jungle Jack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walk behind, Jun 27, 2004.

1. walk behind

walk behind LawnSite Member

Can anyone post a digital picture of a jungle jack with the locking safety arm in place? I just got one, but I cannot quite tell from the directions how to secure the locking safety arm.

Thank you.

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have one. I try to remember to get a picture of it for you.

Other wise the arm should fold down and the pin should go throught the holes in the arms and through the tube on the jack.

3. walk behind

Thanks, I would appreciate a picture, I know the pin comes out, just not sure where to stick it back in and do I lock the arm in place after the mower is jacked up or before?

4. Itsgottobegreen

Here it the pin in the locked postion.

junglejack1.jpg

5. Itsgottobegreen

Here is the arm in the up postion. (I forgot to put the pin in when I took it)

junglejack2.jpg

6. walk behind

Thank you for the pictures. I think you locking safety arm is a bit different that mine. I had photocopies of directions, which were not very clear but, went to jungle jack's website and found a picture, which I am attaching, so I am sure I've got it now. Thanks for your help !

jungle jack.jpg

7. Itsgottobegreen

I had a feeling that you had a newer style one. I have the older style. Mine has a lot of wear on it. (had to replace the roller bearing in the one wheel)

Usally I don't bother putting the safety arm down. If I am just changing blades(since I am not crawling under the machine). If its other work which requires getting under the machine, then the arm goes down.

8. walk behind

I will be using mine to scrape the grass clippings off and/or washing them off the bottom when my son is not around to hold the handles down. Thanks for your help.......