1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jungle jacks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fordlawn, Oct 15, 2000.

1. fordlawn

fordlawn LawnSite Member

Anybody use these? Do they lift the deck high enough to change blades comfortably or are they just another gadget that appears useful but are not that practical? How do you lift your deck to change blades or do you just pull up on the trailer ramp to get enough room to work under the deck?
  2. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

get it, buy it today. best mower shop tool next to a grinder and a grease gun. lift the mower then change the blades.use a jack stand for saftey.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, it doesn't lift the deck high enough to change and scrape comfortably. I borrowed one for a while to try and THANKED myself for not wasting a hundred and fifty bucks on one. I built my own, but better, and taller. I have about 20 bucks wrapped up into it. Usually, I just use my trailer gate though. That's always the safest bet. USE THE BRAKE THOUGH!
  4. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

I agree this is the best thing ever made. We run 3 mowing crews and own 10 mowers and it is the easiest and best way to change blades. you have more than enough room. You can also use it to change front or rear tires on lazer or tracer. the guy that said it dosent work good must have got a lemon or is thinking of somethig else. I have recomended this to all my friends in the business. buy 1, better yet buy 2 ! good luck all...!