1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jungle Jim broke my Redmax 8000 blower, now my Stihl Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I spent lots of money on the Jungle Jim racks and even more money on my Redmax 8000 and Stihl Edger. Guess what?! The Jungle Jim racks have damaged both pieces of equipment. The handle on the Redmax 8000 broke and now the sleeve (pole) on the Stihl Edger has been cracked right where the Jungle Jim secures the Edger. I thought I was making an investment to protect my equipment not damage it by buying Jungle Jim products. You tell me?!

So, has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway I can fix the edger? It is a Stihl Edger with the curved shaft. It is cracked right where the Jungle Jim puts pressure on the edger and secures it down. Anything I can do to fix it?

*WARNING* If you have a Jungle Jim Trimmer Rack you might want to inspect your equipment where it makes contact with the rack. Chances are it might be wearing out your equipment too! Take a look at it before it's too late!
  2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I too have the 8000 rack and honestly have only used it 1 time. It just sets there bolted to my trailer. I hate the way I have to turn my blower to get it on and off. In my opinion there are better products out there. But if anybody is still interested I will make you a great deal on a slightly used redmax 8000 rack.
  3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

ztrguy....have you contacted jennifer@jungljimsap.com ? She will see what can be done to help. I've always had great customer service, even if there was a problem.
  4. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am experianceing the exact same problem with my Stihl edger and Jungle Jim rack. My edger has not broken yet but it is dented by the Jungle Jim rack.
  5. Hello,

You should check out our new Xtreme Series Trimmer Rack. You can check it out here:

We feel our trimmer rack is far superior than anything else on the market. It features a one lock design that is completely shielded to prevent theft. The rack works by attaching light weight aluminum blocks to the trimmer shaft. These blocks stay on the trimmer and prevent damage to your trimmer from occurring. They also eliminate trimmers rolling around in the rack (which leads to split fuel and flooded engines).

You can also check out our backpack blower rack. Unlike other designs on the market, your blower doesn't need to hang off the rack. Instead it sits in and a securing bar goes through your blower (on Redmax and newer echos you need to slice a small notch in a plastic mesh screen on your blower).

Be sure to use coupon code: lawnsite1 to get 10% off your order.

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me or call me.
  6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

My brother had this happen to a trimmer on his jungle jim rack. after it being on the rack on and off every day for 2 years, the rack ate through the aluminum shaft on his husquevarna 26cc trimmer, right where it secures to the rack.

he had to replace the trimmer, it was on it's last legs anyway, but it cannot be used as a backup.

he took some electric tape and wrapped it around the shaft 10-12 times where the rack touches the trimmer. he keeps an eye on it and fixes the tape every few months.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for that tid-bit of information.
    I've asked that question about that rack several times.

Do you know if RedMax 8001 blowers will fit in it?
  8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice...I like those extreme racks...10% off is cool too Plus i dont know about you guys...but i lose alot of locks with trimmer trap. Granted...its my fault...but still.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Did you get my return e-mail WJW?
  10. Yes, however on your blower in between the backpack and the blower housing their is a plastic mesh screen. You need to slice a small notch in that screen (you can do it with a pair of scissors) for our securing bar to slide through.