1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jungle Jim Gear Caddy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLS, Sep 8, 2002.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I just purchased a new 6x12 open landscape trailer and want to install a trimmer rack that can hold 3 trimmers. I am leaning towards the gear caddy because it comes with a water cooler holder, bp blower holder, and a string spool holder.

Anyways, where can I purchase one of these? You cannot order them directly from their website. I think I heard somewhere that lesco sells these...I looked in the phonebook for a lesco, and I have a service center here, would they sell these?

And one last question: Can I mount a trimmer rack to the outside of my trailer? All of the pictures I have seen are mounted on the inside, but those are all on trailers are always made of angle, not square like mine.

Here's a picture of the trailer. I put plywood sides on it.

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Try your dealer. A good dealer will have all the brands and prices. I ordered a Trimmer Trap TT-1 trimmer rack, and a Jungle Jim's blower mate from my dealer. I was going to buy everything jungle jim's, but they TT-1 was a little better than the Jungle Jim's 2 place trimmer rack and I liked the blower mate better than trimmer trap's rack. LOL. I like to mix and match. Good luck. :D

BTW, Nice trailer!
  3. joehar

joehar LawnSite Member
    from memphis

i bought the greentouch trimmer holder last week,put them on and hated them.i guess my angle iron trailer isnt strong enough to keep them from shaking.they mount on top of the rail with 2 bolts.my trimmers also would roll over inside the holders.anyway,i took them back to lesco the next day and bought the trimmertraps from another dealer and love them.they were also 30 bucks cheaper.a much better product for my needs.try them,you cant go wrong
  4. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

Northern Tool has good prices on the Trimmer trap stuff.
  5. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

our lesco rep doesent sale these, they sale green indust. brand however we have a gear caddy with water cooler and a double blower rack price was 328.00 for full kit. we got ours from our dealer..
  6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try www.power41.com they have a good selection of trimmer racks, including the Jungle Jims Gear Caddy.:) ;) :) ED
  7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member