Jungle Jim ( Jungle Jack )

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbroken64, Jan 5, 2007.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I looking to invest in something to lift my mower to get acess to the underside. Was looking at the jungle jack. Can you lift directly on the mower deck ( Wildcat) with this product??? Does anybody else have any experince with this product??:waving:

2. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and it is one of the best tools I would not be without. It is one of the first tool that goes on my truck. Great for changing blades and have used it to get myself unstuck. I highly reccommend it:cool2:

3. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

Yes, you can lift directly at the deck. In my opinion, my Jungle Jack was one of the best support tools I've bought. You do need to use common sense when lifting with it, as you would with any lifting device.

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a used one that I'd sell. It works fine except it's not strong enough to lift my Dixie Chopper 72" diesels. It will work fine on a 60" or smaller unit. I'd ship it to you for $90 and pay the shipping. I can send you some pics if you want.................Lynn Email me at gorrell@starband.net if you're interested

5. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Do you need to use jack stands as a "safety" precaution or is this stand alone?

6. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Bought one last season. I like it alot.

7. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you need to use jack stands as a "safety" precaution or is this stand alone?

I do not use jackstands as it is pretty stable once you get the machine up.:cool2:

8. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Jungle jack sent me a catalog with all the info about their products today. Have any of you purchased any of their other equipment. From the pics it looks like they make some quaility products. Gorrell I sent you a email about the offer. Interested!!!!!!!!!

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I had one I bought used off of Ebay. I had to wait about 2 months for the idiot to get it shipped to me and then I only used it a dozen times. I loved it though! I bought it becuse I bought an Exmark Lazer Z and didn't want to have to use the floor jack to lift it... My Dixon mowers I could lift up and put on a stand! I sold the Exmark POS and let the jack go with it... Now I need one again!

As for th jack being stable, it does have a extra bracket that is supposed to be flipped down and pinned when it's in the up position to prevent it from dropping. It's pretty stable without it though.

10. jrs mowing

jrs mowing LawnSite Member

I have one and the time it saves me compared to the floor jack is worth the money.........