Jungle Jim Or Velke 2 Wheel Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jetblacac, May 14, 2008.

1. jetblacac

jetblacac LawnSite Member
    from mass

hi hows it going, i dont know if this has been covered yet, but if it has im sorry. Im looking for a 2 wheeled sulky for my 36" gravely belt drive, i am debating on a jungle jim or a velke, i would just like peoples input on this, please let me know thanks

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I've never tried a the JJ version, but when I had my 36 I had a Velky X2 and I really liked it.

I just noticed you're new, welcome to LS.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

those jj are trash, i just got the new velke and they are sweet. it came with bigger wheels but you can still turn them around.

4. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Velke x2 for me Im on my 2nd one love it

5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I just got a exmark tt and proslide. I know you didnt mention that but ill let you know what I think of it after I get some hours in.

6. jetblacac

from mass

thanks eveybody for your input, i really appreciate it, i was leaning towards a velke myself but i just wanted to make sure everybody else felt the same, thanks, one more thing i think that they either come in a 15" or a 18" arm, which one is more suitable for a person my height, which is about 6'1", thanks

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

jet, I'm pretty sure mine came with the 18" arm. The only downside to them is if you fold it up to use the mower as a WB it'll bang the h*ll out of your shins. It's not that hard to take it off either, just a clip and a pin, another thing is keep it greased. Good Luck!

8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

om on my 2nd proslied and love it. better stripes too. check it out, i wouldnt run anything else.

9. jetblacac

from mass

the pro-slide sulky is a little more than i would like to spend, and would my mower even be able to pull me around on a 13hp kawasaki motor. Does anybody know where the cheapest place to buy a velke x2 would be, any help would be great, thanks again everybody for your input, i really appreciate it. :)

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The makers of ProSlide have a GoSlide that is cheaper but I am not sure a 13hp belt drive could pull a slide.