1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jungle Jim's acessories

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneEXMARKfan, Apr 23, 2001.

1. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Pretty much figured out today that I might need a Trimmer Mate for my walkbehind. Anyone know a good place to order 1?
    (figured it would be easier to find a place on-line..been searching with no luck so far.
  2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Jungle Jim's Gear Caddy. I've never used any of the others, but I feel the Gear Caddy is a must. It's very easy to load, unload, and lock up. The water cooler rack and trimmer spool are wonderful. I grease mine once a month and besides that they never require any other type of maintenace.
  3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Where might be a good place to order at Ssouth?
  4. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

oneEXMARKfan, I found mine on E-Bay. Jungle Jim's sold them as factory rejects. (mine was missing one bolt and besides that I have found no other flaws) I believe I paid $150 and they list for nearly $300. http://www.junglejimsap.com/
  5. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

Just bought 2 sets of trimmer mates for my ztr's
    bought them at a local dealer, had them in 24 hours.
    Many of the local mower dealers have them or can
    order them for you. cost was 47.50 per pair.
    Can't tell you much more haven't used it enough to
    give any good advice, but does come in handy on
    large properties, you don't have to walk a mile to
    fetch the trimmer or trim a section when your done mowing
    without returning to the trailer. Ask around at your local
    mower shops
  6. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I can imagine it can be much handier having a trimmer "close by". I really could have used one today, just to keep an eye on my trimmer, while I was mowing. (again....in the ghetto) and for more piece of mind when I run in to pay for gas, ect.) Got to where I don't like setting at red lights, with it just laying in the bed of my truck. WILL get a gear caddy after I can free up alittle more $ later on down the road.
  7. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Stopped by my Exmark dealer and got a set of Jungle Wheels (250.00) and ask him to order me a Trimmer Mate. He said he ordered some Version 1's and they sent him 3 version 3's so he would give me a deal on a set (30.00) BUT, is it going to be ok to mount the (lower)part of the Trimmer Mate to the thin plate (deck shield)? The instructions say "DO NOT mount trimmer mate to engine, fuel tanks, belt/blade guards, or cover plates"
    I assume it would be OK since there won't be much weight on it, but the metal is thin. (*BTW, most of the times I see Velkies, Jungle Wheels, ect. mounted to the mower, the bracket is mounted to the mower only using half the bolts, [with 1/2 the bracket lower than the mower] seems like it should be better to have the bottom of the bracket even with the bottom of the mower) [Metro HP]

[Edited by oneEXMARKfan on 04-25-2001 at 06:06 PM]
  8. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Watch out for trees, light poles, etc. with the Trimmer Mate. I converted my straight shaft Redmax trimmer into a curved shaft in about 2 seconds one day after I turned too close to a pole. Turned the trimmer over and converted it back in about another 2 seconds. Still runs fine.
  9. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I can imagine Stonewall. Hopefully, I will learn from other's mistakes, and be careful (usually have to learn the hard way) Thanks for the advise (and I'm glad your Redmax came through OK)
  10. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I have the trimmer trap back pack blower holder. I welded a 7 inch piece of solid round tubing off of the back of it. I now have a handy spot to hang my spool of trimmer line. I also drilled a hole in the end of it to put a large pin to hold the spool on. Now i just have to find a way to hold the end of the line when it is not in use. If i dont then the whole thing unravels.