Jungle Jims Blowermate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by samk, Mar 7, 2002.

1. samk

samk LawnSite Member

just curious if anyone has used these and if so how good they are . on there web site they have them for 19.99

2. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

what are they?

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE[ [cowman66] what are they? [/QUOTE]
    It is a holder that you attach to your trailer to secure the blower while in transit, with simple locking capablities.

samk
    I wouldn`t expect too much for the price it is. I had a trimmer mate, and it didn`t work out very well. :( I will be getting a trimmer trap, or the gridiron system from Novae company. :D

4. Cutright2002

Cutright2002 LawnSite Member

I Have four of them just as good or in my opinion better than the trimmer trap design.
    Also the $19.99 model your talking about is just last years model
    that there trying to get rid of.

5. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Gridiron blower rack from Novae. It's great! When you attach your blower it won't move at all. Highly recommend.

Ron

6. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

I recently purchased their close-out model that you're talking about. Nothing fancy............... but for the price it serves its purpose well. I like the ability to now be able to lock my blower. I modified the lower horizontal piece by drilling two holes large enough to accomodate a 31" bungee to go around the blower to keep it snug against the frame. My only complaint, if any, would be the extra few seconds it takes to unload/load the blower. Trimmer Traps appears to be a little more user friendly with the spring loaded latch ............... haven't had my hands on one to prove it though.

7. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

WLC, the trimmer trap works pretty good, but that spring load only lasts about 2 years. we have 2 of them, and though i like them, i still believe that they could design them better than they currently are. no locking capabilities on the trimmer trap backpack holder without making some modifications either

8. harperservices

harperservices LawnSite Member

Just bought the trimmer mate 1 for 19.99. It's great! Locking hole is slightly off but hey, it does what I need it to do and I don't look like "Sanford and Son"

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Does Novae have a website to look at this product?

10. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Ohiolawnguy,

I agree about the spring on the Trimmertrap blower rack.
    However, the new ones do have a hole drilled through the latch to accomodate a padlock.
    It works very well.

Roger