1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jungle jims gear caddy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sdgoes, Mar 21, 2000.

1. sdgoes

sdgoes LawnSite Member

Has anyone used jungle jims gear caddy. How are they on the equipment? Does it take many locks tto secure the gear? Hhow do they hold up? And how much do they cost?<br>Thanks,<br>Steve
  2. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

i just ordered one today it should be here in a couple. I got a great deal on it because there is no dealer where i am. I ordered it direct from the distributor the good thing about it is that it holds 3 trimmers and your blower, most only hold the trimmers.<br>
  3. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Hey dbroome<br> How good of a deal did you get?
  4. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

I recently purchased JJ's rack from ebay. JJ occasionally auction's off factory blemished units at ebay. I paid $165 for mine. It really is a nice design. You can lock out both ends of the trimmers. Plus you get a water cooler rack, trimmer string holder, and a pole that holds two backpack blowers.
  5. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

i got mine for 180$ i think they sell in stores for about 220.00 or something like that. they are better than trimmer trap which only holds 3 trimmers and that is it. no other stuff. I havn't gotten it yet i hope the quality is good.
  6. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

I also got one from ebay, for $145. If you have Stihl blowers you need an adapter bracket to hook it onto the blower rack. I wasn't aware of this when I purchased it. The price of the bracket is $25 * 2 blowers = $50. I opted to make my own for the cost of an hours woth of my time + $4 parts total. Just a thought for anybody with Stihl blowers to think about before buying the rack. I think the adapter bracket should be included or else a heck of a lot cheaper than $50.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com