Jungle Jims on a 13 HP W/B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cheesedawg1, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am want to buy a Jungle Jims two wheel sulky for the 300.00. But my concern is will my 36 John Deere walk behind be able to pull me around all day because it is only 13 horse power. After reading threads I think people said its bad for your mower if you dont have enought horse power? What do you guys think? I only weight 125 pounds.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

their should be no problem in that setup. 13hp is more than ample for a sulky, and only weighing 125 will add no strain:D

you are one skinny fellow:eek:

3. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You won't have a problem. I have the Jungle Jims on a metro 12.5 hp and it has no problems.

4. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be nosey, Cutter, but how much do you weigh. I just bought a used 12.5hp 36" Scag w/velke and am wondering how well it will pull me. I tip the scales at 220

Brian

5. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I weigh about the same as you. But I don't use it that much but my help does. He weighs in the 160 range if I had to guess. It doesn't give him any problems.

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 36" Toro with a 12.5 Kawi with a 2 wheel Velke. It has no problem pulling.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

well i weigh in at 275, have a velke on a 15 horse kawaski and i dont have any problems with a 52 inch deck

8. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I use a Jungle Jim's on a 44" toro with a 14hp Kohler.I was skeptical when I bought it cause I weigh around 230. It has no problem pulling me. Even on hills it does better than I expected.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The average weight of my crew is anywhere from 210-250lbs. We've been using Velkes on our Snappers (12.5 & 17 hp) for four years with no problems.Trust me, here in WV, we don't have too many flat properties, and the mowers never slow down from our weight.You ought to catch air and fly like a kite at 125lbs!!JK..

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Don't know about Deere's WB belt system, but yes, absolutely you will fly like Air Jordan if you only weigh 125!
    Have been using 12.5 Kawi on 36 Metro/Jungle wheels for 2 seasons now, hard working machine with great power...the new 13 Kawi single cyl is an upgrade, so you will fly... Kawi is real motor, not a Brigg or Kohler, keep in mind.