Jungle Jims or Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt'slawncare, May 28, 2003.

1. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I am planning on putting one of these products on my machine. I just want to know what are the pros and cons of both and also which one would you pick if it was you? Thanks Matt

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

IMHO-go on ebay and search for echo or stihl and you will find a number of 3 place trimmer racks. They are good and usually around 60.XX. You can get them for either enclosed or open or machines and usually will be painted by the seller for free...

I have a rack from ebay and so far so good..........

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

if your talking about a sulky which i think you are trimmer traps bullrider is the way to go.i just got in my second one.for the past 2 months i have been very happy with the bullrider

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

sorry, i thought you were talkin about racks

i know nothing about sulkies since in dont even have a walkbeind! :angry:

sorry

5. Matt'slawncare

i should of explained it a little better. I want one of there products that hold your gear on the trailer. Does anyone know how muich the trimmer trap runs. Thanks for the help.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I run trimmer traps. About $50 for blower racks and $150=\- for trimmer racks.

7. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

never have owned anything but trimmertrap, but have seen all the other racks on other peoples trailers it seems like, and really think that trimmertrap has the best rack. instructions and customer support leave a lot to be desired, though. Really loved my bullrider sulkie, just really well made, like everything else they make, but had to really struggle through truly AWFUL instructions, like my eight-year-old wrote and put them together and then faxed them to me on a twenty-year-old fax machine. UGH! could barely read them.

8. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

as far as the trimmer racks go... go with trimmertrap. the quickest and safest on the market( my opinion) the blower rack .... go with jungle jims

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have the TrimmerTrap TT-2. Holds 3 trimmers. Really easy to place the trimmer in and out of. Easier than the one that holds 2.

10. Matt'slawncare

Well thanks guys for all of the help. But on trimmer trap can you lock the trimmers so no one can take off with them?