Jungle wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rickco, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Well, my single wheeled Velke Died today,hard. I figured I'd just tough it out and walk/jog, BAD IDEA! 100 Deg. today that lasted about 45 Mins. and near killed me. So on the phone with all the dealers in the area and all I can find is 1 set of Jungle wheelsx2 that the dealer just got for another LCO. Well I go there to meet him and theyre for a back up. Long story short,after hearing my sogga he says you can have them! $289 plus tax. he'll order another for himself. I've only got 5 hours in on them so far and love them. Can you say foot room? Wish I'd done this years ago.:)
  2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Rick, you got a killer deal. I bought a Velky X2 when I got my WB and I paid I think $300+. I'm now sitting on my arse and not standing but that's another story. BTW what type and brand of mower did your wheels go on?

3. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Scag 52 Hydro
  4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

that was sure nice of him to let you have the one he ordered.
  5. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Great guy. I hope I can repay the favor some time
  6. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

i love my jungle wheels.

although they left me stranded about a week ago when the weld broke.

right before the left/right pivot bushing thing, where the pipe welds on top of the flat peice of metal, thats where it broke.

i reccomend you drill through and put in a bolt, just incase.
  7. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

They're good for a little while, if u dont weigh alot, hell I only weigh 185 and I was breaking those welds all the time.... I finally just got a different brand... I got very tired of having to weld them alllllll the time...
  8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Jungle Wheels, TrimmerTrap, etc..........
    People don't understand until they actually use the good products. Glad you like them, I have 2 sets. Use shell grease and keep them greased.
  9. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

wow I had no idea they were that expensive, 289.00 we had a velke tire bit the dust this week, when I went to get another tire they had a set of jungle wheels sitting there and my dealer said I will make you a deal, I guess he did because I only paid 150.00 bucks.
  10. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member