Jungle Wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 20, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have a velke on my 48" WB, and i hate how it leaves taht extra line in the middle....

so i went to the dealer and he quoted me $250 for jungle wheels... so what im asking, is.... is that a good price? is their cheaper? and where at? is their any other route i can go becides jungle wheels and walking.... i dont really wanna walk it, because on friday i just picked up a church, and its about 5 acres. thanks.

2. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i found this on ebay for $250, is it good, anyone ever used it with casters like this?

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

here it is...its green but you could paint it any color you chose..the best sulky on the market if you ask me

walkbehind_sulky.jpg

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

there is bracket that mounts to the mower and then the sulky itself is easy on and off with 2 pins

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My opinion on your situation....

Sell some of those extra 21"ers.

Sell your 48" and get a ZTR in the 52"-60" class.

With 37 lawns, you need one.

So this way you'll have the new ZTR, the 36" WB for gated area's, a 21" for REAL SMALL gated areas, and then your 2 cycle stuff.

VERY productive and popular setup.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just read your other post about the 36 needing an engine.

That changes things a bit.

Do what I said above, but get rid of the 36 and just run the 48" for small areas.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Have you considered a Bull Rider? They are dual mode sulkies offering both castering and trailing modes. I paid $300 for mine and I don't regret it at all.

dsc00558.jpg

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i see what you mean, but i really dont want to get a ztr until i get a bigger truck, either a used beater for around 3 grand or a new gmc 3500 diesel (i can get a good deal on one). and then i would get a ztr and a 24ft enclosed trailer. thing is, what if i get bigger and need that 48wb? ive bene growing like crazy latley, in march i had 6 customers, right now i have 40!

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

does the part where you put your feet drag at all and give an extra stripe there? i would be conserned about that, and if it doesnt im extremly intrested in em.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I think you need to prioritize a bit more.

You don't mention your truck on your sig.

Your talking a used beater truck for 3 grand or a NEW GMC 3500 Diesel???? That's roughly a 40 GRAND difference!!!

Get an adequate truck, a 16x7 dual axle open trailer with a side gate, get a ZTR, sell whatever WB you want, and make money!

With 40 lawns (one being a 5 acre church) you should be pulling down at least $40-50 grand a season.