Junk removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by valley boy, Nov 13, 2005.

1. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Anyone do Junk Removal during the off season . I have the truck and trailers
    just need to figure out cost/profits etc.

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I get asked to every now and then. I dont like the idea of it. Not to much cost to it if you already have the truck and trailer. Just gas, depreciation, dump fee probbly the biggest. I just dont like lifting crap. Inless I had an employee doing it.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

you know,..I just can't see that much call for it with so many companies that do dumpster rentals, trailer rentals and such. But here is a site I looked into when I saw one of these trucks driving through an area. I also saw this on someones avatar on here, I believe. It was something about 1800GOTJUNK. Here's the site...it's a franchise opportunity, but I just don't see how it could work. Even if they ARE giving you "leads", I just can't see how you could afford to pay the expenses, the franchise costs and fees, and pay for the truck.
    http://www.1800gotjunk.com/

Holy cow! I just looked at their pricelist for my area and they way out there in outerspace for pricing!

4. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, that is how they pay the fee's and make some money. when we first moved to SC we called them to move some crap out of the yard of the house we moved into. After calling them i moved the stuff myself.

5. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

So far I figured the pricing to be about $389.00 for a load on a 10' x 8' x 5' trailer. Most companies charge extra for anything over 1000 lbs . Dump fees
    about $65.00 per ton. Still got more reseach to do ??? might be worth trying this winter.