Junk Removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by evergreen_lawncare, Oct 24, 2006.

1. evergreen_lawncare

evergreen_lawncare LawnSite Member

I was thinking about adding junk removal onto my business. One of my buddies does it and makes a killing off of it. I was if any of you guys offer it? How do you price it? Or whats a reasonable price? Thanks.
  2. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

What do you consider junk removal? I've hauled little bits and pieces of garbage off for people before because I have a truck and they don't but I wouldn't call that junk removal.

Be more specific and maybe we can help. :)
  3. evergreen_lawncare

I am talking about hauling away items in their hosue they are throwing away (old couches, tables, chairs, carpert, flooring they've ripped out, old appliances, etc.) Any thing that can be removed from inside a house. I just have no clue what to charge right now for the service. Thanks.
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

when ever i do dump runs i charge my hourly rates. plus what the dump charges me, i forget i think its $100 = 1 Ton. or something like that.
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

THats how I i charge! I wouldnt say junk removal. On my signs and flyers it says
    Debris Removal
  6. evergreen_lawncare

okay thanks guys! that helps alot! I think its around $60 a ton here plus my hourly rate. Thanks!
  7. HoffmanLawnCare

HoffmanLawnCare LawnSite Member

Look at 1-800-GOT-JUNK. Now they are making a killing off the junk business.
  8. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Around here there is a place called Junk Squad they live right down the road from me. Got like 20+ dump trucks. Atleast 5 just sitting out advertising. . .I think you can get some really good money.
  9. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Charge by the hour, plus any landfill fees.

Sometimes people ask us to haul off nice stull that they don't want.
  10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

a friend of the family were moving out to florida and had no need for anything in their condo. so they paid me to bring it do the dump, or goodwill. but most of it went to my house. and the rest to salvation army. and they still insisted on paying me. we got a new couch, a new fridge, microwave, a/c unit, book shelf, computer desk, all sorts of odds and ends. it was great!!