Junkyard Wars - Giant Mowing Machines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jet boater, Dec 18, 2000.

1. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

For those of you that follow the Junkyard Wars on "The Learning Channel" (TLC), this Wednesdays episode is "Giant Mowing Machines". I think its on around 9 or 10 PM ET, after the "Steam Powered Cars" episode.

For those who have never watched, it takes place in a British junkyard, where teams compete to build a "machine of the week" in a period of 10 hours out of anything they can find in the junkyard.

Then the next day, they use their creations in a competition to determine the winner. It's great!!!

The losing team is eliminated while the winners move towards the finals.

D. Tom
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Great show!
  3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I love it when the bikers beat out the engineers!! Just shows who can think more logically....
  4. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I love that show! I never miss it!
  5. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

I watched my first whole episode(s) last week, its great! It was really funny to see a bunch of science teachers cut some of their metal 1 meter too short, and some other material 1/2 of a meter too short! (Sorry for the metric, but that's what they use)
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I saw the one where they built the guns. That's a freakin cool show :)
  7. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

It is a great show. The compressed air rugby ball launcher was great. Reminded me of my egg launching project from physics in highschool.
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

it has to be one of the best shows out right now. i saw an episode where they built machines to knock down brick walls. im looking forward to that episode about the mowers. thanks for the reminder
  9. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

You all are very right, its a cool show. I watch it whenever I have the time. Giant mowing machine? Sounds cool! Thanks for the heads up Jet Boater!
  10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone else think the show is a little fake some time. The one where they built the flying machines and had to drop a bomb the closest to a target. The one team decided to build a hot air type machine and they "found" a full roll of the material they use to build ultralight wings in a locked car trunk. And the other team found a weed trimmer motor and built their machine around it before they even tried to start it. It wouldn't run so they put a battery drill onto it and it started and worked perfect from then on.... Seems a little far fetched to me. Oh yeah OJ Simpson was innocent too.