Just a few questions... PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by StevensL&L, Feb 16, 2007.

1. StevensL&L

StevensL&L LawnSite Member

Well im brand new to the site tonight i just joined about 5 mins ago. Ive been before and read alot of the threads and thought it would be awesome to join.

Well ive been mowing grass and doing other lawn services for a couple years now. I started off just doing if for extra cash and now i love it and im going to school for a horticulture degree. My buisness is doing pretty good i have about 20 or so customers and i was just hoping to get some tips on a few questions ive always wanted to ask but never had anyone to ask it too so please help!

2. How much to pay a worker when mowing?
    3. How to determine what to charge per yard?
    4. What to do in the winter?
    5. Dump truck or dump trailor?
    6. Currently using JD... Is it worth the price?
    7. Whats the best way to get the mowers around? Trailer or like a Izuzu Utility truck?

Thanks alot guys for any reply im looking forward to reading them and getting to know some people. Anything tips would be useul!!
  2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

ok let me try to answer this.

#1) People here seem to like postcards and doorhangers the best
    #2) Depends on your expenses 10-20 ???
    #3) Per yard of mulch? depends on how much you can get it for and how much you want to make.
    #4) Snow removal / relax
    #5) Depends on how much $ u got and if you want to lug around a dump truck every day.
    #6) I have heard good things about the 7 iron deck. If your dealer is good keep with it.
    #7) Once again it depends on how much $ you got. if you get a big Izuzu Utility truck you wont be able to plow with it.
    A lot of things depends on your expenses, preferences and $ you have.