1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just a quick scrub story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Jun 24, 2005.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind anyone trying to break into the lawn business, we all started some where. This one is just too good. I have about 20 townhomes in one small development and recently lost one. It was a 2 week cut deal but I was there anyway so I took it. This spring a sign goes up on the mail box, a guy in the neighborhood is mowing lawns. He says on the flier he wants to mow lawns till he finds his dream job. That's an a-hole tip off right there. His flier says "He lives in the neighborhood, has access to mowing equipment", (always good idea if you cut lawns) and " he is a pleasant conversationalist" (I'm dead serious). Anyway he took this lawn from me. So He's out there cutting Thursday with an electric lawn mower and electric weed eater. The weed eater is about 3 feet tall and he's plugged into the customers house.

All I could do was just laugh to myself. A match made in heaven. I can't wait till August when he finds a job in the AC and these people are high and dry. I can't wait till they call me back. I am definately breaking out the Bobby Gedd surcharge hand book on them. $10 for a gate, $10 for each bicycle I touch $20 everytime I step in dog dew. Oh the humanity! I laugh every time I think of it.
  2. DownSouth

DownSouth LawnSite Member

i can kind of understand some people using electric mowers even tho it doesnt seem right to me but someone advertising to cut lawns and using electric ****..wow
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't surprise me to see commercial electrics sometime in the not so far future. I bet people would win contracts by advertising they are "enviromentally friendly"
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

That's hillarious. Did you let him see you laughing at him? Or were you already on the floor by that time?
  5. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I've got to get me a camera phone so I can show off some of the guys around here. Stopped at Hardee's this morning for a biscuit & saw a Husky ZTR (very small) on a small trailer. I could not see a truck in front of it, but I looked toward the ground in front & saw the rear knobby tires of the vehicle pulling it. It was a freaking 4 wheeler!!!
  6. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you were going to say it was a dirt bike pulling the trailer! LOL.
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Electric. LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: