Just a reminder: Tie your mowers down!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernCutter, Oct 19, 2007.

1. SouthernCutter

SouthernCutter LawnSite Member

I was just on my way home, and i was sitting at an intersection not paying much attention when i hear a loud crash and look up and a mower has come off of a trailer and got hit by another truck.... I sure was glad it was not me..... the mower was a JD ZTR. so just a reminder, tie your mowers down. haha
  2. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe a Dumb ?, But was it your mower or some other dudes mower on his trailer at the intersection?
  3. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

My Prolocker came in the mail yesterday. If it ever quits raining (15" and counting) I'll put it on the trailer. Even if the wreck that causes the mower to come off the trailer is not your fault you can still get cited (here anyway) for an unsecured load and that can screw with your insurance.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me; paranoids have enemies too...
  4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I got pulled over earlier this year for using bungee cords and ratchet straps. A $350 fine. Each piece of equipment must be secured by four points using ratchet straps or the cam style. A prolocker will not work in PA.

I mounted a bunch of D-rings on the trailer floor directly to the steel crossmembers. Routered out the wood so they would fit flush.
    Lots of straps now, but at least I'm legal now. They've been pulling over trailers this year because of a family that was killed when a chipper/shredder broke loose from a truck and smashed into their minivan.