1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just about ready to head to Pensacola

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by doug1980, Jun 11, 2011.

1. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

Next month my family and I are heading down to Florida from Alaska. We'll be driving down so we should be there around August 1st. Luckily we have a house in Crestview waiting for us. Now the hard part is finding a job. Looks like there are several opportunities on Eglin so I'll have to check those out.

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck with everything! Safe travels

3. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Better prepare yourself for the hot spell we are currently suffering through!

Brutal :cry:

4. just curious, how long do you figure it will take, man thats a drive.

5. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

We got over a month to get there. In 2008 we drove from Indiana to Alaska and it took 6 days of course we didn't have a dog, 15 month old and the wife wasn't pregnant then. So we averaged 16 hours a day driving. This time we plan to sightsee and stop at Yellowstone and The Grand Canyon and maybe average 8 hours a day driving. Luckily we got a truck camper on this trip.

Where in Southern IN you from. Our house is in Otwell near Jasper. I guess that's where my roots are. Lived there most of my life.

6. sounds like a good trip, I am about an hour east of Jasper around Corydon.