Just an idea for schedualing/accounting

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Carolina Cutter, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

For all the guys looking for a way to keep up with their schedualing and accounting here is what I use and it works very well for me.

For schedualing I use Microsoft Outlook Calendar. It can be set for any scheduale you need or any amount of time you plan between visits for as long as you need on a recurring basis.

For accounting I use Quicken home and small business. It really works nice. You can even manage your billing to the smallest detail and print reports for unpaid invoices and the time they are overdue.

For my invoice paper I use one of Gophers templates. The one with the walkbehind in the lower half. Really makes a nice looking invoice.

Well maybe this will help some of those who are looking for a computer program to do all this but dont have the ready funds at the present moment to purchase an industry specific program.
  2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

You use the calender for all your work you do? It would be nice to have a calender for my yards. One that will spill over yards to the next day if I didn't get them done today. One that will automatically fill in next weeks yard schedule.
  3. Carolina Cutter

Yes. For some accounts that I have on a 10 day scheduale for example I can set it to show up on the calendar every 10 days for the entire season. Yes that sometimes means that the account falls on a Saturday or Sunday but I just do them on the nearest weekday of the week and then bill for the 10 day service. Works good for me.
  4. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

this might be a stupid ? but im not familiar with Gopher. is it a separate software package than Quicken?? and i guess u could just buy these at any computer store?
  5. Carolina Cutter

Gopher is a competely dedicated to lawncare software. Quicken is a financial program...it does not do schedualing that is why I use Outlook.
  6. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

You ever looked into Clip software-it is good at scheduling too.Also is compatible
    with Quickbooks...