Just another eXmark

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by justanotherlawnguy, Feb 4, 2006.

1. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Got another Lazer for this year. The place where I usually buy all my equipment had 1 2005 Lazer left from last year. I got it for $7800, another dealer that is 5 minutes away had the same mower for $8899, same price as an 06. He wasnt discounted his leftover 05's, So I figured I could save $1200 off the price of an 06 cause all the exmark dealers around here quoted $9k and up.

It had .04 hours on it when I picked it up, Its nice after riding it for a while the Lazer HP seems so small now. Took the ROPS off as well, there arent any hills around here and the ROPS always snags trees. Its for sell if anybody wants it for their older Z that didnt come with one. ALso have ROPS for a LAzer HP if anybody wants it....

new_lazer.JPG

2. looks good, I'd keep the the rool bar in the garage in the garage till the day you want to sell it.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

looks great!!! I would love to own an Exmark...I just can't get past the price

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

What size engine? I just picked one up with the 31HP, wow, lots of power.

Nice ride!

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

the 27 kohler, its plenty of power. I did demo a 31 hp husqvarna, i am pretty sure it was the same engine that comes on the eXmark one. That thing was a grass eating machine. The dealer was going to sell that one for $8699 plus tax and mulch kit, so right around $9500 out the door. I didnt bother pricing the 31hp eXmark cause it was probably going to be around the same maybe a little more.

It will serve me well. Maybe in the future, if i am ever in need of a 72" I will go with a 31hp or diesel power.

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good i hope to get somthing like that when we get bigger.

7. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Lawnguy, I've got that same mower and you will love it! I wish mine was still that clean & pretty. The only problem that I have had with mine is backfiring when you shut it off at idle. Kill the motor at full RPM & it wont backfire on ya.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Think about it like this.. revving the engine on your truck up to 4000rpm and turning the key off with your foot still on the gas.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Always let your equipment idle down for little bit! It dosen't matter truck or mower let it idle down for a minute or 2! JMO

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I tried letting it idle for from anywhere between 5 seconds to 5 minutes and it still back fired!!!!! I talked to the MASTER EXMARK TRAINED MECHANIC where I bought it at and he told me that this motor had a fuel cut-off in the carb that only worked at full throttle. I tried it and it didn't back fire!!! The only time that I turn it off at idle now is if someone comes up to me and I idle it down to talk to them and then end up shutting it off. Guess what? IT BACKFIRES.

Is it better to do what the mechanic says to do and it not backfire or have the motor backfire every time? I agree that it is not good to do this. I have a TTHP with a 17 Kawi on it and I always let it Idle down before I turn it off.