1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just Another Manic Monday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TScapes, Apr 11, 2005.

1. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Came to work today to find that someone broke into our enclosed trailer and cleaned it out. Over $20k worth of equipment gone!!!! :angry:

To top it off.... they ended up replacing the lock with one of their own!!! And didn't even have the decency to leave a KEY! :realmad:

This pisses me off so bad!! The crime lab couldn't even manage to lift any usable prints or anything! The nerve of some people!! I will be replacing the equipment today or in the morning, but just another day lost to idiots!!! :angry:

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have insurance. Bright side is you will get some new gear!

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that! Hopefully you have ser. #'s etc. Not much hope to recover but every now and then I would recover stuff over the NCIC by serial #.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. Theft on Lawn and Landscape equipment is huge nowadays. We work hard for our equipment and then somebody just takes it like its a promotional offer.

5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Unreal! I hope you get it back.
    Did you have any of the equipment marked with some sort of engraved ID?

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Watch Ebay like a hawk for any equipment in your area...

7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about that. Check auction sites in the near future.