Just Another Newbe

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kid With A Mower, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Hi to all of you out there. I'm turning 15 in April,
    and have have always wanted to start a Lawn Care Company. I have always
    had a fascination with heavy equipment and the outdoors. I know some about this industry, as I have spent the last few years thinking about it. I currently own an Echo PB403-T, SRM210, and a 12 year old Exmark Metro (that we bought at a yard sale for $500). Since I'm a Newbie in this industry, I need you're help. How should I go about obtaining clients, and is there any other stuff I will need/should get?

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Since your limited by the range you can travel (ie: no drivers license) I guess you should try marketing to your local neighbors. Perhaps go door to door and try to sell your service that way or make up a flyer and distribute it to your neighbors.

3. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

how are you going to get all that equipment from house to house?....

(sorry if that sounds mean but, the Mavs just lost)

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

have you thought up any names for the business yet?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

6. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

WOW!!...i thought i was bad

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha where to start...? Get Sean's package, read it, understand it, then come back. Theres so much more to a business than starting that Metro and going to town. Make sure your insured and liscenced. Dave will give me hell for it but I doubt you need to register to pay taxes as long as you stay small and cut a few neighbors.

8. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member