JUst awarded bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawns Etc, Feb 22, 2008.

1. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I was just informed that I got a city contract maintaining 14 common areas
    its weekly svc maybe 3=4 acres of grass maintaining shrubs and trash but they are all high profile areas that are very well kept.
    $34K I felt it was a high bid but the manager said I was way low,so Ill see how it goes hopefully I wont loose my a@@ the only materials are about 60 yd mulch @14yd and 200lb fert 3x thats it besides monthly weeding and edging and grass mowed weekly.:weightlifter:

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Congratulations on winning the bid, I hope you do well and did not bid to low. If all the other bids were not even close to yours may have bid to low or maybe everyone else just bid high on it. you will know right fast like if you bid to low though. Good luck!

3. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i once bid a small municipal lot and went way high figuring all the people i was bidding with would be way high too....

i was the low bidder by 2500.... the higest bidder was 12000 higer then me

i made so much money i laughed to the bank

i bid the same amount the next year and was the high bidder by 2000

go figure

its why commerical rfps are so bizzare

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

YOu may have bid low "for them"

seem's some Co's try raping the citys,

I 'm sure you will do well.

Good luck

5. lawns Etc

Well just withdrew my bid after they sent the requirements for weekend only services I cannot do that as I have a family and also the mayor will personally be following the LCO around and keeping check on you NO WAY this is their first year with outside contractors and I am not going to be their guinea pig I already have 90+ accounts so ill be ok

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats!!!!...and Good Luck!!!!!:)

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

They didn't tell you the requirements before you bid? That may be why the other bids were so high. I have no problem with working on the weekends and I doubt seriously the mayor is going to spend his Saturday watching you:laugh:Then again it maybe a PITA contract that you grew to hate real fast and since you already have 90 accounts this will not make or break you. One thing I learned long ago is follow your gut instinct, if it don't feel right don't do it!

8. lawns Etc

That is why I backed out now