1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just back from vacation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Broker, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back from the Turks and Caicos. Which is new compared to other destinations. They have one main landscaper on the island which most of the hotels are less then five years old. As most of you would do I checked out the irrigation system for the hotel and compared to others I have seen I was very impressed with the design and operation. The only thing that caught me off guard is the fact that the island is so small and only has one main landscaper but I found K-Rain, Rain Bird and hunter rotors on the hotel system that was less then four years old.
  2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

HMMM, I had to look that title word up in the Dictionary. Webster was descriptive, but I still don't think I understand.......

The maint guy there probably is at the mercy of what he can get, and that means mail order like other here on this site. If a design is spec'd brand X, he orders in brand X w/ spares and has the spares for repair. The K-Rain are prob Home Cheapo's from when he didn't have anything else.
  3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I run into "Cheapo Depot" sprinklers put in by do-gooders using our facilities from time to time.

Probably all the maintenance guy/gal could get hold of.