1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just blame the lawn guy...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Panhead, Oct 3, 2012.

1. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

One of the quickest ways to lose a customer is to not leave things as you found them.....that's one of the first things new people to business should learn.That, and politeness, goes a long way.
  2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

In response to an above post about letting someone go in a professional manner; i just haven't been able to do that yet:) The last one (dropee) got me so steamed, i sent him a text, then blocked him, heh heh. I know that's totally unprofessional. He sort of came at me unprofessionally first by texting "cut that **** short bro".
  3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Did not read all the advice, but I have contracts that say I am in now way responsible for anything that goes wrong with animals in the back yard. So to say the least I have very few lawns with back yard pets. 2nd, I would of probably put the 2 cords on like it was before. Good luck
  4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

This is true, so I have made it attempt to be a property manager. I will note an issue and give the customer a bid on something I see. 50% of the time it gets fixed by me. This is usually good to great money. This also give you a good record of the issue.
  5. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

Ever notice how most of your "problem" customers are dog owners? And the problems are usually pet related.