1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just blame the lawn guy...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Panhead, Oct 3, 2012.

1. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

One of the quickest ways to lose a customer is to not leave things as you found them.....that's one of the first things new people to business should learn.That, and politeness, goes a long way.

2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

In response to an above post about letting someone go in a professional manner; i just haven't been able to do that yet:) The last one (dropee) got me so steamed, i sent him a text, then blocked him, heh heh. I know that's totally unprofessional. He sort of came at me unprofessionally first by texting "cut that **** short bro".

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Did not read all the advice, but I have contracts that say I am in now way responsible for anything that goes wrong with animals in the back yard. So to say the least I have very few lawns with back yard pets. 2nd, I would of probably put the 2 cords on like it was before. Good luck

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

This is true, so I have made it attempt to be a property manager. I will note an issue and give the customer a bid on something I see. 50% of the time it gets fixed by me. This is usually good to great money. This also give you a good record of the issue.

5. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

Ever notice how most of your "problem" customers are dog owners? And the problems are usually pet related.