Just bought 11 Permagreen spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Runner, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I can't believe this. I just learned that an associate of mine is making some changes. BIG changes! He has one of his tankers (big, like the old chemlawn style) out in front of his shop for sale, so I went in to inquire. His secretary said I could have pick of eight of them, if I wanted, as he getting rid of them all. He had each one of these built, himself. He IS keeping his HD one ton, 500 gal. truck, and his skid sprayer for his pickups, though. He just went with all Permagreen, and this is how he's going to handle his just over 7000 accounts. (He's MULTI!) Now THAT'S leaning down. As I thought about it, I'd see these big huge trucks driving around town, to throw dry fertilizer, and even with that, they didn't have much place to put the material. I would find it hard to get 60 bags of fertilizer on and around those tanks, effectively. Apparently, he's going to do alot of his spraying with the ride ons. I guess all the borders, bed edges, and tight spots would have to be backpacked or something of the sort. Even with the hand nozzle to these spreaders, it seems like it would be impracticle to drive and spray the bed edges too. Anyway, just in what he'll save in operating costs, insurance, and plates, from not using these big trucks, should be a substantial amount. Smart thinking!

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Hope his help is good enough to avoid killing all the flowers along the edges. I would be scared to let some lawn techs on my properties with one of those.