1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Bought 500 Hour Z-Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorknoids, Sep 1, 2005.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

with the grass catcher. It was just serviced and I gave it a thorough inspection. Aside from a couple pop-rivets, it's ready to go. Not having any experience with this model, I would appreciate any input you have with respect to maintenance issues, operating limitations, blade choices, tweaking, etc.......
    In particular, if you have any tricks that make disassembly less painful or on-site repair hints, hook a brother up!
  2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have the turbo force deck or a sfs deck also what size is your deck motor etc.
  3. gorknoids

48" floating deck, impellor arrangement almost identical to the Walker. I've been running W/B's since I started and this is my first Z. It has a photo-optic "full" alarm system in the hopper and it goes like a bat out of hell. I haven't cut the first blade of grass with it yet.
    My immediate concern is that, unlike our Walker, releasing the handles does not cause the drive to go to neutral. I'm sure that I can unscrew that, though.
  4. gorknoids

It didn't come with a maintenance manual, but I've yet to find one that can't be improved upon.
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How much did you pay for yours? I saw one on ebay w/ 1100 hours go for $1500.