Just bought a eXmark CT 48" with Mulch kit.

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pittsburgh Panther, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

Do any of you guys have a similar setup? If you do how does it work. I heard good things but it would nice to get some good feed back from someone that has used it.

Pitt Panther

2. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Hey Pitt,

Congrats on the new mower purchase! Bet you can't wait for spring to get here? I moved up to a ZTR back in September so I got to use it for a couple of months before winter set in. I'm ready for spring to get here so I can break it out of the garage again. How many acres are you mowing?

3. Pittsburgh Panther

from N.W. Pa

One thing on my side is I am finishing the basement in the house so that is keeping me busy. Hopefully I will have it done by the beggining of April.

About the ZTR, I am having them deliver it in March. No sense in me storing it especially with all the building materials in my garage. I had a cub ztr before so I am familar with it but I am hoping the eXmark works alot better and hold up alot better.

What kind of ZTR did you purchase? Do you like it?

4. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

I bought a used Scag Turf Tiger. I had a Scag walk behind for 7 years prior to this one and I was very happy with the Scag quality. So when it came time to move up to a ZTR, Scag was at the top of my list. I did shop around a while and looked at Gravely, Exmark, Grasshopper etc... but in the end I got a great deal on a used Scag so I went with that. So far I have been real happy with it. Just got it back from the dealer last week. I took it in and let them go do a winter service and fix a problem I was having with the throttle linkage. Here's a picture of mine...post one of yours when it gets delivered. March is just around the corner....

Christmas_2004 540.jpg

5. bluequad03

bluequad03 LawnSite Member

I bought a 52" CT with the 19HP Kawasaki in November. Can't wait to try it out. I mow 1.5 acres. It use to take me over 2 hours with my old Cub Cadet (15HP 42"). I saw on the Exmark web site that the new CTs have 18HP Briggs, why the change?

Trent

6. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

You should be able to cut your mowing time in half. The extra 10" of cut is going to make a huge difference not to mention the speed of the ZTR. Not sure why Exmark would change to the Briggs motor except for maybe to cut costs and offer the mower for less. Be happy you got the Kawasaki - I think it's a much better motor.

7. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, going to the Briggs Vanguard (which is still a commercial engine and carries a 2 year commercial warranty, not to mention replacement parts are not as expensive) was their way of keeping the cost from going up due to steel prices.

And today, we just received in the mail revised pricing for 2005 effective Feb 1st. All of you who complain about increasing prices.. go thank the chinese for buying up the steel. (or so I hear that is the cause in the price of steel)

8. Pittsburgh Panther

from N.W. Pa

smoother. The place where I bought were higher on the Briggs than on the Koler. They said that they haven't had any problems with engines and have been using them for about 6 years. They sold me on the Briggs.

9. Pittsburgh Panther

from N.W. Pa

I almost got the 52" but I decide I didn't need the size.

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking, why did you get rid of your Cub?