just bought a Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by malojeer, Mar 10, 2005.

1. malojeer

malojeer LawnSite Member

I just bought a 23hp 52" mid mount and think its the best mower I tried.
    The part that sold me is the ease of repairing it and the best ride. I tried out so many till i was sick of mowers and couldn't be more satisfied.Took it out in a cow pasture and bushhogged with it and it went through it like butter.It also came with hydro coolers which is a plus

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

They're pretty tough machines. A friend of mine runs 3 of them and each has over 1500 hrs.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Good 1,2 here i would buy again.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on your purchase. The Grasshoppers seem to be rock solid and reliable performers. I think Grasshopper would sell a lot more mowers if they would do the sissy thing and give them a visual makeover. I think a lot of people dis-credit Grasshoppers at first glance and never even get close enough to them to check them out good. I bet any multi-line dealer would tell you that 9 out of 10 shoppers walk right past the Grasshopper to check out the other line of mowers they sell.

It seems to me that Grasshopper is gaining popularity and proving itself ONE customer at a time. I think they could improve that with a new color scheme and revised body work. Something flashy and less drabb.... something that jumps out and says Grasshopper.... not just another red mower.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You will enjoy! I do!

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

lucky man!

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Congratulations on the new mower! :blob3:

8. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

What kind of deal were you able to get? Also did you get any accessories with it? :waving:

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The problem with grasshopper is no walkbehind, they are behind the times if 1 dealer is grasshopper and 1 dealer is scag and 40 percent of your work you run a wb go figure.

10. malojeer

malojeer LawnSite Member

7100.00, i didnt need any accessories, I consider it rather pricey but i sure like the time it knocks off cutting yards