1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a new 36" Toro Proline WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Apr 2, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just went out to my local dealer and bought a brand new Toro Proline 36" Belt Drive WB mower with a 13 HP Kawasaki V-Twin. I have been in the market for a smaller WB and I think this new Toro will be the perfect machine!!! I was looking at one in the showroom and realized that it would be a perfect gate, and backup machine. Yes, this may come as a surprise to some of you since I was always saying how "Bob-Cat mowers are far superior to all other brands..." Yes, I do love my Bob-Cat 48" WB mower!!! After looking at the Toro vs. the Bob-Cat "Classic", the Toro looks like a better machine than the Bob-Cat "Classic" ( better built etc.). The dealer said that the Toro mowers are very reliable and have a great quality of cut and stripe. I also got a Grass Gobbler Jumbo catcher for it (Since most of the lawns I cut must be bagged). I am going to pick it up on Monday after School :D. I can't wait to have it, since I am in the middle of doing spring cleanups! I will try to post some pics of it when I get it.
  2. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

What did you pay for your mower? Is is T-bar?

In my area most dealers are asking around $2600.00-$2800.00 for this machine. I am going to purchase another one pretty soon. I think you will be very happy with it as I have had one for about 5 years and it has held up very well.
  3. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

good luck with Toro, Great machine, almost bopught one 52' seemed too front heavy. iwent w/ exmark tthp hyro. heard it cuts well too.
  4. mkwl

It has pistol grips (I like the pistol grips). I paid $2,765 with bagger out the door.
  5. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

I personally don't care for pistol grips, I had a Exmark 48" with pistol grips and to me there was comparison between pistol and T-bar, but as long as you like it that's cool! My price is without the bagger or mulch kit. I think they are asking about $300.00 for the bagging kit and $200.00 for mulch kit.

On the 36" that I have right now, I kid away with the original bagging system and modified a Bunton hard plastic bagging unit that has lasted about 3-4 years now. The cloth bag on the original just was not cutting it! It would tear too easily when I got too close to trees, bushes etc. Keep in mine that we mow here year round, only stop mowing during overseeding time in October.
  6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Hey a Maruyama uswer. I'm fazing out most of mine due to lack of dealer support or parts. They were good though.
  7. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, T Bar, and belt drive, are like the ultimate marriage of technology, the things I could do with that set up! I have a Hydro WB now, and a Walker, but really, if you learn the techniques, Toro T bar and belt drive equals NO Carpal, and much less fatigue, Hell, you can drive it with one hand and do multiple funtions.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Good to see you have looked into other machines now.
  9. mkwl

I picked it up today at the dealer, and I love it already!!! It is built like a tank, it drives really nicely, and the 13 HP Kawi V-Twin engine runs really smooth!!! I will let you guys know more details on how it cuts, when I start cutting with it. I will try to post some pic's as soon as I get a chance.