1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a new Hustler 42" question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Choctaw Scalper, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Choctaw Scalper

Choctaw Scalper LawnSite Member

I just got a new Hustler 42" Fasttrack and I was wondering I am having a hell of a time with the grass sticking to the deck. Seems like every time I mow I have to powerwash the deck because it is 3" thick from the top to bottom. Any recommendations. Should I just leave it seems to mow fine I just hate to have all that grass and dirt clump under it.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Try spraying your deck w/silicone or a cooking oil spray like Pam. I have used the cooking spray in the past, it works pretty good, don't buy the name brand stuff though - costs too much. I always buy the Wal-Mart Great Value brand cheaper and does the same thing.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Are you bagging, mulching, or side discharging?

For bagging or side discharge check to see if you blades are the high lift ones. The more lift they have the better they will keep the deck clean underneath. IF you are mulching, then there really isn't a fix other than only mowing when the grass is super dry.
  4. Choctaw Scalper

Choctaw Scalper LawnSite Member

I am just using the side discharge. I had a friend tell me about some paint they sell, but I have never seen it. Thanks for the input.