1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

just bought a scag v-ride 52 inch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wecutgrass, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a scag v-ride 52 inch with the 26 kaw. I will post an extensive review once i have had it for a few weeks. I was wondering how the velocity plus deck mulches. I will be cutting mostly saint aug. Any input would be appreciated. thanks

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Congrats on the mower. Wondering how its going to cut the grass you'll be servicing should be something you researched prior to purchase. With that said, I'm confident it will do a great job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Wecutgrass

I planned on Side discharging with it. I'm just keeping my options opened with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It will side discharge very well. The V plus deck is one of the best out there. Good luck with it. I think you'll find it to be a good investment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Congrats! I just tried one out today at my dealer as well as the pro-v. In the parking lot at least. Very nice machines. He told me he would honor the scag deals as long as he has them in stock, which gives me a little more time to make a decision! I look forward to your review.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Wecutgrass

The pro v has some wacky controls
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I noticed that....i didn't run it but it was kind of odd. I wonder if it is comfortable to run.

8. Wecutgrass

I'm not sure, I don't think so because they don't make them anymore
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GMLC

I wasn't expecting to like the controls on the pro-v but after 10 minutes I was running it with one hand. I'm pretty stuck in my ways but I was actually impressed. It kinda feels like power steering on a cadillac. Very little effort needed to make turns.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GMLC

I asked my dealer about scag dropping the pro-v but he said they aren't. They still feel its the next big thing but need to get more units out in the field. But he may be blowing smoke.
    Posted via Mobile Device