Just bought a used Centri for 500.00

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Hineline, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I think the Mag has a 12 gallon tank so maybe the nozzle calibration matches the pump output and the larger capacity on the Mag. I'm trying to remember from my Cushman sprayer days if pump output is overridden by nozzle size and output rating.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe DA is right. I wonder if the output of the generator is enough to power a bigger pump. How many amperes output do you have from the generator, and how much does each of the two pump options draw?

The Centri does not use a battery...or am I wrong?

Hopefully you have enough extra juice to have headlights and a nice radio.

3. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I think the one that came off was 4 amp. I've yet to test the generator so hopefully it's ok.

No battery so, no lights, stereo, phone charger, laptop, dvd, bubble strobe, neon under chassis lights. I bought the stripped down model lol!

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

@Hineline - the Centri generator is 7.7 amps. Hope this helps. I was going through similar issues on mine and debated about a bigger pump but decided against it. I will be doing some more tweaking this spring and let you know how I make out. They are good basic machines but they commonly need slight modifications.