1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a used toro have a couple of ?s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by cuttingedge55, Aug 23, 2013.

1. cuttingedge55

cuttingedge55 LawnSite Member

I purchase a toro belt drive from a friends dad today. The clutch is 2 months old the filter looked spark plug good newer drive belts(yes it is a belt drive), the deck belts are really new, oil was fairly clean but not new and was full to the mark. I cranked it and once below idle no smoke at all. Runs like a champ cut with it yesterday and it cuts pretty dang good for an older mower. What are some good accesories for these older 37" recyclers? I wouldnt mind having the choice to bag instead of just mulch. Also i rode some hills today on it and going straight up hills well lets just say im 180 pounds so i was laying down on the handles keeping the front end down. Do i need to buy the toro weights or would racing go cart weights work well? i cant see why they wouldn't. So far i like it other than that. It has a 2 wheel velkie that isnt bad. Should i try to change tire air pressure before i add weight? If so what should i run being under 200 pounds? Also should i deflate the velkie to get a better ride? I think with the new clutch and the overall shape $650 wasnt too bad. It does have the 12.5 hp kawi maybe in the future i can throw a bigger motor on it... Hopefully when i get a new one. Any tips help this is my first wb dont bash me too much :hammerhead: