Just bought a used TTHP and have a ???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by FuzzyOne, Sep 20, 2004.

1. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I just bought a used TTHP 17/52". I think it was made in 2001 judging by the serial #. Is there a kit available that I can add the parking brake to my unit that comes standard now? Does anybody have a part # and price?

Also, what kind of blade do most people prefer? I'll be heading to my dealer tomorrow to check on the remainder of the warranty and need to pick up a new set of blades.

BTW, thanks CharlieBingo for the great deal. It was worth the drive and a pleasure to meet you.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Fuzzy,

Congratulations. Yes we do offer a parking brake kit. The p/n is 1-411500 and has a lits price of $150. Be sure to double check the price with your dealer when ordering however.

For side discharge/bagging the notched is best in wetter conditions and the solid performs better in all other conditions. For mulching the standard mulching blade is a good all around performer.

Thanks

Terry

3. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thanks Terry, I ordered the brake kit ($159) and picked up a set of notched blades. I'm going to email you my serial number. When my dealer looked it up in the computer, he said it was sent to a dealer in 2001 but never registered. Weird......

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Fuzzy one, I have the same year 01 TTHP 52/17 Kawi, ECS. I got it used with great great price, and the mower is truely awesome! You will love the deck 52", nothing compares to it on productivity and time saving....and it is very simple mower to take care too...compared to a Z. This 52" TTHP holds hill even better than Metro cause it is Hydro. Quality used mower is the way to go here.

happy mowing.
    BTW, I use only factory type hi-lift blades and it works real smooth and beautiful.

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thanks MTR, I used it today for the second time out and am very pleased. The quality of cut is what I wanted and that's what I got. It's amazing how nice a 52" stripe looks compared to a 44" on the Hustler I had. And I finally got the trim side that I wanted.

As for the standard notched high lifts......I love them. I only wish the grass was greener her in NJ. I'm looking forward to next spring already.