1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

just bought an earthway spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JML, Dec 11, 2001.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, I just got my pesticide license and I also just bought an Earthway spreader. I was looking on the back of some Lesco bags to do my yard and none of them have the calibration setting for an Earthway. How do I figure this out. Thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Try a search on Earthway spreaders (settings). There HAS to be SOMEONE who uses these that would know the cross reference of settings.;)
  3. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I called the 800 number and they sent me a copy for all the settings. I
  4. JML

do you happen to have that 800 #? thanks

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Youll be buying a lesco spreader soon anyway ;) ! those earthways dont hold up too long!
  6. JML

I have a lesco. it is built well, but for some reason I would rather use my new earthway..
  7. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I some how miss placed the 800 number try 219-848-7491. they should be able to help
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Earhway spraders are nothing but gear box problems. Went through 4 of them befoe switching to Stainless LESCO ones. Use Earthway for calcium apps on walks only!!

9. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

On Eric's recommendation I just purchased a Spread 4 Mower front mount electric spreader today to fit any of my Dixie Choppers. It was $650 including the mounting kit and purchased directly from the manufacturer. I really like the idea of the one push button control of the gate and fan control. Nice people to work with........Lynn
  10. Matthew Morgan

Matthew Morgan LawnSite Member

If you keep the gearbox well greased on your Earthways, you will have NO problems. Feed it TONS of grease!