Just Bought It...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dafreak, Apr 25, 2006.

1. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

I just bought an 05' MFT, $3500. out the door. 36" cut, Honda motor. Time to go call the landscaper and tell him he aint getting my $65 a week anymore.

:weightlifter:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool!!!
    Congrats and welcome to the family!!

3. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Thanks, I must say the customer service that I have witnessed on this site played a large part in my decision. You take care of your customers and I appreciate that very much. In return I have been recommending your mowers left and right. It feels good to be part of the family!

:)

4. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

It is going to take some seat time to get the ZTR mastered but so far so good. I scraped the gas tank on a tree and other then going too fast at times while turning, no problems. Are there any tricks for not leaving a mark in the lawn when turning? Oh yea, I didnt receive a hat or shirt :( and the seat was torn. He is bringing a new one out on Friday but I wonder if I got a demo/used Mini. It looked dirty too, but he said it was taken off the showroom floor but I highly doubt that. Overall, happy camper!

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I doubt it was a demo or used unit, did you look under the deck to see if it had cut grass? that would tell you right away.
    Probably a dirty unit from collection of dust over the winter months and also from people sitting on it a few times on the sales floor.

Pj

6. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Yea, I asked him and he suggested I look under the deck. The guy had been nothing but nice to me so when he offered I didnt take him up on it. I was just surprised I guess that the mower was not "cleaner". Great liitle machine though and it tucks away nicely in the garage. He is goingto put on a set of gator blades for me too. Will there be a noticeable difference between them and the factory blades? Any suggestions on how to make a striping kit for MFT?

7. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

What kind of marks?

I've now got about 7 hrs on my MFT 42 and am just mastering the 3 point turn... effeciently. I guess it's sometimes a 4 or 5 point turn depending on the terraine and proximity to other things.

It's lind of like what someone else here said... even when turning BOTH tires MUST be moving in the same direction... you just have one moving faster or slower than the other.

8. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Yea, I did a little more mowing today and i am getting the three point turn thing down. Now if I could ony get that striping kit I want so bad :drinkup: .