Just bought my 1'st ZTR - used Husky 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by amarino, Apr 27, 2006.

1. amarino

amarino LawnSite Member
    from MA

My budget was less than $4000. Not too many used ztr's around here for some reason. Anyway, bought a 52" husky with 1100 hrs on it for $3700, 3 or 4 years old. Does not have a roll bar anyone know what year it could be?

Seems to run and cut good. No noises from motor or deck. Hydros are a bit jerky...maybe I just need to get used to it. Mows FAST. Really need to be carefull not to dig up lawn when making turns.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say 5-8 years but that's just a lightly educated guess and it's far from exact.

It will likely take some time to figure out the year, but on a Toro we do this via the serial number thou in some cases this gives a range (like 95-98 or so) while at other times it's exact.

Other things can give it away are the motor make and model, also the exact mower's make and model ... some mowers are only made one year, others are made then discontinued.

Anyway, I'd ask around other guys, maybe your dealer but if you don't have a dealer yet, you'll just have to wait, you'll eventually find out.
  3. Gjohnson

Gjohnson LawnSite Member
    from La.

Its my understanding that the year manufactured is the first 2 digits of the ser. #, followed by the month.
  4. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Good luck with your new toy. Btw where in Mass are you?
    Im in Franklin
  5. amarino

amarino LawnSite Member
    from MA

Hi - I am in western MA - Berkshire county - housatonic to be exact.
  6. jfurm

jfurm LawnSite Member

congrat's on your new purchase. you will get better at turning with time. As far as the jurkieness of the hydros you might want to check the gas shocks that mount to the bottom of the leavers. the may be bad.
  7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Well first is it a 52" deck or a 61" deck? Your signature says that you have a 61" But you say this 52" is your first. I'm confused!