1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just bought my equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tann3100, May 21, 2007.

1. tann3100

tann3100 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Alright just purchased my equipment finally. I got a 61 inch husqvarna lz and also a ferris walk behind (didnt have any husqvarna).

Im looking for some suggestions on ideas to pick up some clients?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Postcards and doorhangers.
  3. dslawns

dslawns LawnSite Member

irrelevent to the post but i am in the the market for a my first walk behind i would like to a second opinion on the quality of husqvarna equipment, i have been told look for something else but lets base it on a few opinions hope you can help.
  4. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

why don't you start your own thread titled...

"Attempted Thread Jacker: Husqvarna Equip?"
  5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Dude, ain't you about 3 months LATE for this season? And you bought to mowers without any customers? Not sure thats a good plan...
  6. tann3100

tann3100 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Yep late for the season but I done it without owing money so no biggie. Now I posted a little while ago about haveing customers first or buy equipment and most people said buy equipment then worry about customers. However I do have 3 customers but I would like to have about 40. Also I am not reliant upon the money from mowing. I am doing this as a supplement income and hopefully to expand and grow the business but maintain my full time job also.
  7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Um, what should he do when he DOES get customers? Cut the grass with a scissors until his mower comes in after waiting for 2 weeks?