1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just bought my first Exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lowmiler, Feb 15, 2004.

1. lowmiler

lowmiler LawnSite Member

Just bought a 2001 Exmark LZ25KC604 model. It has 785 hours on it. Any recall or anything I should be aware? Also it pulls to one side when levers are pushed all the way to the front. Any concern here or not? The serial # 299676. What type of blades work well for this machine?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Congratulations and welcome to the family.

The pulling to one side is probably nothing to be concerned about. All Lazers have the potential to pull to one side of the other when the drive levers are pushed all the way forward. It's strictly due to minor variations in the pumps, wheel motors linkages etc. It's pretty easy to determine if that's all it is.

To check for sure all you need to do is bring the drive levers in and butt your hands together. Then as you push the levers slowly forward you can do a better job of keeping the sticks lined up. Maintain you speed at a couple of places at various speeds to see if the mower is driving straight. If drives straight but only pulls to one side when you hit the forward motion stops then youÂ’re in good shape. It's probably normal. If it's pulling to one side at various speeds it could be something as simple as tire pressure or an adjustment.

Give me a call at 800-667-5296 if you have any further questions.