just bought new CAT 963D

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kreft, Oct 1, 2007.

1. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

It will be here in 7 buisness days, I will take pics then!

Any body have any experience with them?

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

my cousin ran a 63C all the time until he got moved up to a D7...i run a older 43 and have spent hours in a 53C and loved it. I really like the looks of the D series...why did you go bigger then a 53? and what do you plan on doing with it/pulling it with? but congrats on the purchase, wish we were in the market for a new loader because i would really love to get behind the controls of the new stuff Cat has out there

3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Congradulations!!!!!!!!:drinkup: Nice size loader.
    You must plan on doing some major landscaping!

What is your plans??????? If you don't mind letting out that info:confused:

Good luck:usflag:

4. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Why does anyone still but these machines? An excavator can do everything it can and do it better except carrying material a long distance.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

you need an excavator to lift that rock up you have been living under.

6. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

always one guy that has not been on a loader long enuff to know better

7. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That might be true but it still doesn't answer the question. I do not know much about heavy excavation thats why I asked.

8. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

My only experience with them is that they are BIG! And they will dig a lot of dirt. Can't wait to see pics.

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Track loaders don't exist out here. We're working on small(er) lots compared to those of back east, a track loader wouldn't be able to get around within the lot lines while doing the excavation. We do a lot of cliff hanging as well, I've taken an excavator into some places I didn't want to even try to walk on. Not sure how trackloaders do in very steep terrain.

Congrats on the purchase, we need pics. I hear the D series are supposed to be super, super nice. I read some info on Cat's website a month or so ago about the improvements.

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I used to run a old 963 it was a 1970s model. As for size I never really notice but the machine was well worn out but it still pushed okay.

The last time a brandnew trackloader was bought in this area the dinosaurs still roamed the earth :laugh: