Just bought New Hustler REAR Discharge Model

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HydroGearHead, May 10, 2005.

1. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

WhooooHooooo I LOVE this mower, just got it today from my dealer its a 27HP Kolher with a REAR DISCHARGE deck!!!! this thing cut like you would'nt believe I already had it in bahia that was very tall and thick and this thing flys, almost no clumping an dim talking super thick bahia its got a baffle on the front especially for hard to cut grass like bahia and you just raise it up and the blades actually are below the deck so it doesnt push the grass over. I mow alot of horse farms and this thing is just amazing!!! Its a new model and not alot of dealers have them or even know about them, i had to drive about 1.5hrs north to a really large Hustler dealer and I got lucky they had just got one in, paid 9200 plus tax for the beast but worth it!!

retired a 1994 Dixie Chopper 25hp Kolher 3,127hrs and smoking (literally) sold it for parts (thought I was going to miss it but not after getting the Hustler) But, I did loose a bet with my friend that I was going to get 3500hrs out of the orginal engine(rebuilt completly once)..owe him lunch now--Kohler makes a good engine but it just wasn't going to make it to 3500 unless I added about a 50qt oil reserve)

oh and Hi, my name is Jim and im new here at posting, but i've been a regular visitor for about 3 years, i just got excited enough to register finally and post!!

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Is the deck anything like hustlers 251K and 260K?? Can you post a pic.

John

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

John,
    Other than the deck being rear discharge there are no similarities in this unit compared to the 251 and 260 units of the past.
    This unit has the right hand blade turning counter clockwise.
    I have attached a a spec sheet that has information, specs and pics.

Pj

Attached Files:

4. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

Thanks, I forgot to mention about the counter-rotating blade, very effective more so than you would think. Do you know if they will make it with other engine choices like the liquid cooled or EFI??

Thanks Hustler for making a machine theat puts money in my pocket!! I was a Dixie Chopper fan but after running the Hustler...its Dixie what??

One other question do you know if on the Kohler 27 I have to decarbon the head every 500 hrs like I used to on my 25?? thanks

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good. Trimming on both sides is a plus for sure.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thanks PJ!!
    Can you post a pic?? My computer is having a hard time downloading it.

John

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Lets try this......
    [​IMG]

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Another......
    [​IMG]

9. John Gamba