Just bought new Lazer Z hp 23 hp 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joes, Nov 5, 2004.

1. joes

joes LawnSite Member

Hello everyone this is my first thread. let me introduce my self. I am 23 y/o I live in Rhode Island and this is my 3 year in the business. I attend school for bussiness currently taking night classes 10 credits. Just bought a new lazer Z hp 23 52" with Ultra-vac. I love it! keeping my metro 48" 15 hp as a backup. I was using the Accelerator 6.2 ft3 it was aqward and heavy. The rider is better on hills than I first thought. I do have a minor problem when backing down the ramp the bottom back of the mower hits the ground I got stuck twice and had to pull the truck forwad but I think that is because my truck sits low. I have a 93 f150 2 wheel drive 8' bed with an ez dumper (which is also great) an 11 hp giant vac truck loader off the hitch swing away and a 14 ft trailor. Next upgrade will be a bigger truck. I am thinking if I go off the trailor at an angle instead of straight back it may help. One question what is a anti-blow out baffle? PS this is a Great site.
  2. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

If your tongue (I think this is what it is called) where the tow ball bolts onto is not a drop hitch then take the ball off and just flip it upside down. This should get your trailer about two inches higher in the front and lower the rear a little bit, it might get the angle of the ramp low enough not to scrape.

And welcome to Lawnsite
  3. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

Welcome to the forums!
    An Anti-Blowout baffle that mounts under the deck is designed to prevent blowout usually from under the front of the deck. Other types can also prevent blowout from the side. There are also OCDCs (Operator Controlled Discharge Chutes) that you can put down or lift up depending on when you need it and it temporarily blocks the blowout hole.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Welcome Joes...............
    Enjoy your new HP,It will serve you well.
  5. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to offer the same advise as Gilla has. If you do have a drop hitch then get one that is not.

The mower sounds sweet. I had every intention of getting one this year but decided that a Wright Stander was the best choice for my needs. I'm thinking of just finding a used one because I just really want one.
  6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome to the site! I think you will be more than pleased with your new mower!! :blob3:
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You'll be very happy with your new Exmark.
  8. joes

joes LawnSite Member

I do have the hitch flipped but up good call. I woke up this morning first thing i did was check to see If I really did have the exmark so I looked and sure enough it was there. Just making sure it wasn't a dream. I have been wanting one for three years. I used it to day for a few cleanups, a recliner with wheels and a cup holder. If I do go down the ramp and turn at the end it does prevent the back from contact