Just bought on eBay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC., Oct 25, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Won my bidding auction earlier today. Homelite 25cc backpack blower for $67.00. It was used, turned into a salvage company in Cincinnati. Shipping was $16.00 for a total of $83.00. Bidding on another one, same model, winning that one right now too. Also a Homelite trimmer as well and I am searching for a new edger, mine took a dump last week. This is my first time using eBay, its an addicting site to say the least. I am also in the market for a trimmer rack and found a few 3 line racks with locks, minus bolts, for $65-$85 on there. Does that sound like a fair price? They are brand new according to the listings and I figured what the hell, might as well go nuts and get some more stuff. If I win the other backpack auction, taking that puppy up north to my folks cottage and leaving it up there. Gobs of trees on the property and tons of leaves to be disposed of in the woods behind the property. I think it will come in handy.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i dont wanna be a jerk....but why are you even wasting your time with those little blowers. i have one, it was my first bp and their pretty useless unless your just blowing grass of a walkway. why did you buy 2 of these things?

also, post the like to the auction, i would like to see it.

3. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got a homelte bp and handheld looking to sell and a ryobi straihgt weed eater with edger atachment. email me JRSlawnlandscape@aol.com You can pick these up I live in ohio

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I got a 3 trimmer rack off ebay & I think it was around 85 & that was last year.

5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Got my trimmer rack on ebay for $65 it does a fine job.

6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah dude, one thing i've learned in this business, don't use cheap equiptment. That is blower is nothing more then an $85 waiste of space on your trailer.

7. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but Oddlots or Biglots in Ohio are selling them refurbished for like 90 bucks. I agree they dont have enough power.

8. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

not only that they over heat

9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

my weedwacker is more powerful than that at 26cc

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

But if he gets the other one, he can put one on each shoulder, and have double the blowing power and air volume... :cool2: