1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Bought Shindaiwa T2500 (review)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeypotts, May 30, 2002.

1. joeypotts

joeypotts LawnSite Member

Good--No smoke, no smelly fumes, good power, low noise, good weight, will accept any T230 attachments. I got the coller and spacer off a T230X and now I can use a blade! 4 stroke engine that runs off 2 stroke fuel. No oil to check.

Bad--Shaft is shorter than T260, no hanger for a shoulder strap, on the pro-matic head, the line comes out about 2 inches higher than the bottom of the bump feeder and you tave to tilt the trimmer over to get down low to the ground.

I just bought it today for $380, and kinda wish I had went with the T260 for $360. The shaft on the 260 is about 2 inches longer and I am 6'2". I think the 260 would have suited my trimming needs better. Shindaiwa is supposed to take anything back for a period of 7 days, but my dealer was not too fond of taking it back. So I guess I will be using it for some time and try to make the most of it.

I would love to hear your comments about the T2500 or 260. Please post on this thread or mail me at joeypotts@hotmail.com
  2. Wayward

Wayward LawnSite Member

I run 270's. The other day I was at a dealer and the Shindaiwa rep was there with a T2500. I was interested in a 4 stroke trimmer because I heard that they vibrated less than 2 strokes. The rep told me that the 2500 shook more than my 270 because of the action of the valve train. I took it out side and ran it for a few minutes and when I handed it back to him my hands were tingling! Decided to stay with the 270's.